This article describes the process for submitting Tax Exemption Certificates in order to make tax exempt purchases through Proxibid from auction houses utilizing atgPay.
If your purchase was in a non-atgPay event, please contact the auction house directly.
To determine if an auction house is using atgPay, see What Is atgPay?
This article contains the following sections:
- Acceptable Tax Exemption Forms
- Uploading a Tax Exemption Certificate
- Editing Tax Exemption Certificates
Acceptable Tax Exemption Forms
In order to make a tax-exempt purchase, you must provide a valid certificate for the state where the item will be shipped.
Many states have their own certificates that are available online. Certain states permit the use of multi-jurisdiction tax exemption forms like a Streamlined Sales Tax Certificate of Exemption form from the Streamlined Sales Tax Governing Board or a Uniform Sales & Use Tax Exemption/Resale Certificate from the Multistate Tax Commission.
Uploading a Tax Exemption Certificate
Proxibid collects and remits taxes as required by law in many states and/or municipalities. If your purchases should be tax exempt, follow the steps below to submit your Tax Exemption Certificate to Proxibid from either:
The below intructions are also outlined in this brief video:
Uploading a Tax Exemption from your MyProxibid Account
- Log into your account at https://www.proxibid.com
- In the upper right, select My Account > MyProxibid
- Select Tax Exemptions in the lower left
- Select your exemption state from the drop-down menu and click Continue
- Enter your Name, Phone Number, and Address and then click the Save and Continue button at the bottom of the page.
Select the reason for tax exemption, then click the Save and Continue button at the bottom of the page.
- Complete all of the required fields (*) on the Tax Exemption Certificate and then click the Save and Continue button at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the required (*) Signer Information and then click the Save and Continue button at the bottom of the page.
- Proxibid's Payment Operations team will review the certificate/proof, and provide an updated invoice to you generally within two (2) business days.
Uploading a Tax Exemption Certificate from Checkout
- Click the Pay Now button on the emailed invoice.
- Invoices are also available under the Invoices section in the bidder's MyProxibid account.
- On the Bidder Checkout page, click the Tax Exempt link on the right side of the page. A pop-up window will open.
- Tax exemption certificates are stored securely.
- Click the Add Certificates button to continue. A new page will open.
- Follow the instructions outlined starting at step 4 above under Uploading a Tax Exemption from your MyProxibid Account to complete your exemption upload.
Editing Tax Exemption Certificates
To view an existing Tax Exemption Certificate, login to your MyProxibid account and click on the Tax Exemptions menu option on the left side of the page.
Click the View link to the right of the certificate to view it or click the Delete link to delete the certificate.
To update/edit an existing tax exemption certificate, follow the steps above to upload the certificate again with the desired edits.