This article describes the steps for creating and activating a bidder account on Proxibid.com.
This article contains the following sections:
Proxibid uses the most sophisticated encryption software commercially available to protect bidder information and create a trusted Marketplace. Learn more about Proxibid's commitment to Marketplace Trust.
Creating an Account
A bidder account is required to bid on or purchase items on Proxibid.com. Shipping and billing address information is required to create an account. This information helps us validate a bidder's identity to ensure Marketplace safety. Some sellers may require additional information to participate in their event.
Bidders must be at least 18 years old to create an account on Proxibid.com.
- Go to www.proxibid.com.
- Click on the Sign Up link located in the top right corner of the page.
- On a mobile device, click on the Three Lines in the top left corner of the page to view the Sign Up button.
- Enter an Email Address to be associated with the account.
- Enter a Username to be associated with the account.
- Usernames must be a minimum of 5 characters in length. The only special characters that can be used are the period (.), hyphen (-), and underscore (_). Other special characters will not be accepted.
- Usernames must be unique. No two users can have the same username on Proxibid.
- For additional information, see Bidder Usernames.
- Enter the Password to be associated with the account. Bidder account passwords:
- Cannot be the same as the bidder's username.
- Must contain at least 8 characters (maximum of 50 characters)
- Must contain at least one letter
- Must contain at least one number or special character
- Acceptable special characters include: ! @ # $ % * ( ) _ -
- Check the box to agree to Proxibid's Unified User Agreement.
- Users must agree to the Proxibid Unified User Agreement to create an account on Proxibid.
- Click the Create Account button. A new page will load requesting additional information needed to set up the account.
- Once an account is created, an activation email will be sent to the email address on file. See the steps below on activating an account.
Once an account is created, bidder details must be provided to set up the account.
- Enter the bidder's First Name and Last Name.
- The name entered here must match the name as it appears on the bidder's credit card.
- Enter the bidder's Date of Birth.
- 4-digit Year
- 2-digit Month
- 2-digit Day
- Bidders must be at least 18 years old to create an account.
- Enter the bidder's Phone Number and use the drop-down to the select the Phone Type.
- Use the drop-down to select a Security Question.
- Enter the answer to the Security Question in the Security Answer field.
- Enter the bidder's shipping address into the Address Line 1 field.
- Continue the address in the Address Line 2 field, if needed.
- Enter the shipping address city into the City field.
- Use the drop-down to select the shipping address State/Territory.
- Enter the shipping address zip code into the Zip Code/Postal Code field.
- Use the drop-down to select a Country.
- The default is the United States.
- Click the Update Shipping Info button. A new page will load asking for billing information. Billing information is requested to ensure Marketplace safety. It is used to validate a bidder's identity and allows bidders to participate in most events.
- Use the drop-down to select a Card Type.
- Enter the Credit Card Number.
- The credit card entered must be in the bidder's name.
- Use the drop-downs to select the card's Expiration Date.
- Enter the card's Security Code (generally found on the back of the card).
- Enter the Card Nickname. This the name bidders will see when selecting which card to use.
- The Cardholder Name will populate automatically based on the name entered during account creation and cannot be changed.
- The edit the name associated with the bidder's account, please contact Proxibid directly.
- Enter the Credit Card Billing Address.
- The address will automatically populate based on the bidder's shipping address, but can be edited as needed.
- The address entered here must match the address on file with the credit card company.
- Click the Save Card button.