This article describes how to search for both items and auction events on Proxibid.com, and how to receive notifications when new items are posted that fit specific search parameters.
This article contains the following sections:
Search for Items
Bidders can use Proxibid's powerful search engine to find a specific items. To search for an items, enter a keyword or search term (ex. vintage clocks) in the Search Marketplace field near the top right corner of the page and then hit the Enter key or click on the Magnifying Glass icon.
This will bring up a list of items that match that search criteria. Click on an item to be taken to the lot in the event's catalog.
For specific questions about items listed on Proxibid, please contact the seller directly.
Search for Auction Events
From the Proxibid Homepage, select an auction category (Coins & Currency, Art, Antiques & Collectibles, etc.) from the Categories drop-down to view auctions in that category. The auction house assigns the category to the auction when it is created. Some auctions will appear under multiple categories.
Receive Search Notifications
Create a New Search Notification
To receive a notification when an item fitting a particular keyword(s) is posted:
- Sign into Proxibid.com or create an account.
- Perform a search for that keyword and then
- Click the Create Saved Search button.
- A pop-up window will open.
- Select a Primary Category.
- select a Sub Category, if desired.
- Select a Selling Format.
- Select an Email Frequency, either Timed events, Live events, or both (All Inventory).
- Click the Save button.
- A confirmation message will appear.
Manage Search Notifications
To edit or delete existing search notifications, click the Manage Saved Search button after creating a new search notification or
- Select MyProxibid from the drop-down in the top right corner of the page.
- On the Dashboard, click on the Saved Searches menu option on the left side of the page.
- Click the Edit link in the lower left corner of the search notification.
- To run the search immediately, click the Search Now button.
- Make any desired changes and then click the Save button.
- To delete a notification, click the Delete link. The search notification will be deleted immediately.