This article describes what pre-bids are, how they can be placed, and how to track current pre-bids.
This article contains the following sections:
Whether a bidder is a new or experienced member of Proxibid, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Placing any kind of bid in an event is a commitment to purchase the item from the auction house in the event that you have the highest bid.
- Read the item's description and review images of the item thoroughly before placing any bids.
- Digital images and descriptions can vary in clarity.
- Contact the seller directly to learn more about the traits of a specific item not addressed in the item's description.
- Thoroughly read the seller's Terms of Sale section prior to placing any bids.
- Proxibid monitors pre-bid retraction requests to prevent abuse.
What are Pre-Bids?
Pre-bids are bids made in a Timed auction or before a Live auction has gone live. Pre-bids can be instant bids or maximum bids, and are simply bids made in advance. Some sellers may refer to pre-bids as "absentee bids". Pre-bids are automatically represented for a bidder during an auction, up to their maximum bid.
In Live auctions, pre-bids are accepted for items that have not yet "entered the ring" or "crossed the auction block".
By placing a bid, bidders are agreeing to the seller's Terms of Sale, so bidders should read an event's Terms of Sale thoroughly prior to participating in any auction event.
If the lot already has bids, place a pre-bid by clicking the Bid Now button to the right of the item. By doing so, the bidder agrees to bid the value displayed on the Bid Now button.
To place a maximum bid, click the Enter a Maximum Bid link and then enter the maximum bid into the bid field.
If the lot does not already have bids, place a pre-bid by entering a dollar amount into the field to the right of the item in the event's catalog and click the Place Bid button.
A pop-up menu will open confirming the details of the bid. Click the Confirm Bid button to submit the bid. The bid will not be submitted unless the Confirm Bid button is clicked.
If the pre-bid is now the highest bid, the bid will appear in green. If the bidder has been outbid, the pre-bid will appear in red.
- Log into Proxibid by clicking the Sign In link on the top right corner of the page and entering the Email Address (or Username) and Password associated with the account.
- To reset the password associated with the account, click the Forgot Password link.
- For additional login assistance, please contact Proxibid directly.
- Select MyProxibid from the drop-down in the top right corner of the page.
- On the Dashboard, click on the View Bids link located in the Pre-Bidding box.
- The Pre-Bidding box displays the bidder's total number of leading active pre-bids and the number that have been outbid.
- A list of current pre-bids will appear. Pre-bids are removed from the list once the auction event ends.
- Items will be sorted by auction event.
- Click on any item to view the item's details.
- The item's Current Bid will be listed alongside the bidder's maximum bid. If the Current Bid is green, it is the bidder's current bid. If it appears in red, the bidder has been outbid.
- The bidder's pre-bid total will be listed at the bottom of the page.
Article is closed for comments.