This article provides steps for paying for Proxibid invoices using atgPay. If your purchase was made from an auction house not using atgPay, please contact the auction house directly. To determine if an auction house is using atgPay, see What Is atgPay?
This article contains the following sections:
- Paying an Invoice with atgPay
- High-Risk Purchases
- Payment Reminder Emails
- Additional Payment Requests
- Failed Payments
- Successful Payments
Paying an Invoice with atgPay
Invoices are sent to winning bidders after an auction event has closed and may take up to 24 hours to be sent.
Winning bidders will receive an email from email@example.com containing their invoice and can also find their invoices under the Invoices section in the bidder's MyProxibid account.
To pay your received invoice:
- Click the Pay Now button on the invoice.
- The Checkout page will open.
- Please note that the totals under the Order Summary on the right side of the page may not update until a payment method is selected.
- Taxes and fees in the Order Summary will automatically update as selections are made on the Checkout page.
- If the bidder should be exempt from taxes, click the Tax Exempt link on the right side of the page to submit a Tax Exemption Certificate.
- Select a Shipping Method. For more information, see atgPay: Shipping.
- If you're having an item shipped, confirm that the shipping address at the top of the page is correct.
- If the shipping address is not correct, click the Change link to the right of the address to update it. For more information on updating the shipping address, see atgPay: Shipping.
- The option to edit a shipping address will not be available if the selected Shipping Method is 'Free Local Pickup'.
- Select an existing payment method or enter a new payment method.
- Click Pay Now.
- A receipt page will open. If needed, click the Print button to print the receipt.
- An email will also be sent confirming that a payment has been submitted.
Tip: If you purchased an item from an event that is not using atgPay, there will not be a Pay Now button on the invoice.
High Risk Purchases
If a bidder purchased a high-risk item and does not have a Pay Now button on their unpaid invoice, they will need to contact the auction company directly to arrange payment. For more information, see atgPay: High-Risk Items.
Payment Reminder Emails
After bidders receive their invoice, they will automatically receive up to two additional emails reminding them to pay their invoice. The emails will come from firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first reminder email will be sent 2 days after the invoice was sent, if the invoice is still unpaid. The subject line of the first email will be "Proxibid - payment reminder" followed by the name of the auction house.
The first reminder email will be sent 4 days after the invoice was sent, if the invoice is still unpaid. The subject line of the second email will be "Proxibid - payment final reminder" followed by the name of the auction house.
Additional Payment Requests
If an auction company adds additional fees/charges to an invoice after it has already been paid, the bidder will receive an Additional Payment Request via email. The email will come from email@example.com with the subject line "(Auction Company Name) has updated your invoice".
Any applicable taxes for the additional fees/charges will be automatically calculated.
The additional charges can be paid for via atgPay by clicking the Pay Now button in the email or on the bidder's invoice in their Proxibid account. For any questions relating to the charges, or to arrange to pay the charges outside of atgPay, please contact the auction company directly.
The Checkout page will display the invoice total, the original amount paid, and the remaining amount to be paid.
The receipt for the invoice will reflect each payment transaction separately.
If the credit card indicated in the Autopay notification fails, you will receive a follow-up email indicating as such. The email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Proxibid- Autopay Failure".
When autopay runs and successfully charges your credit card on file, you will receive a follow-up email indicating as such. The email will come from email@example.com with the subject line "Proxibid- Payment Confirmation".